Thursday, June 21, 2007

Welcome

I once made a Nutella cake. It was just a yellow cake mix with finely chopped nuts in the batter, and a jar of nutella melted with half a can of condensed milk and nuts as the frosting. I was too lazy to layer the cake, and it was delicious either way. I thought I was the first person to think of the brilliant Nutella cake, but apparently after googling it, everyone has already discovered how many amazing things you can use Nutella for.

My birthday is on Saturday and I'm going to make my own cake because I'm craving the Nutella again. I've been searching for Nutella frosting and Nutella mousse recipes for cakes. I saw that people have been using Nutella in the actual cake batter, so now I have a lot of options to think about. I'm THINKING that it's going to be a chocolate cake layered with a coconut pecan frosting I bought at the store and then topped with a Nutella mousse as the frosting. I'm going to make it tomorrow so hopefully it comes out good and I'll post pictures once I'm done. ;)

No comments: