Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Legal SeaFoods - South Shore Plaza - Braintree, MA

For dinner, my boyfriend and I went to the Legal Seafoods restaurant in South Shore Plaza in Braintree, MA. We've been here a few times before, and I always get their fried calamari. This time, I wanted to try something different so for $9.99 I got their Thai Style Fried Calamari with pineapple and peanut. I personally don't like things too spicy, and I am aware that Thai Peanut sauce CAN be spicy, but this was too spicy (for me). It left my mouth burning, but obviously it will depend person to person. My biggest problem with it though, is that it really annoys me when people bother frying calamari if they're just going to drench it in sauce and make it soggy. Really, that defeats the purpose of frying for the crispiness. I figured they would have two dipping sauces, one pineapple and one thai peanut sauce, but it came out like this already soaked. I had the same experience with calamari somewhere else, but it was that bad that I don't even remember the restauran I had it in. :( So, this is just going into my pile of Restaurant Mistakes.
Our entree, however, was pretty good. For about $23 we split the Lobster and Crabmeat Ravioli with Vodka Tomato Sauce with Chickpea bread and Salad. The picture is only half of the entree, and my boyfriend had the other half on his plate. First bite of the ravioli and you can really taste the lobster. They also gave us the meat of two claws of a lobster. The vodka tomato sauce really brought the whole dish together. Overrall, I'd rate it a 3 out of 5. My boyfriend liked it more than I did.

No comments: