Wednesday, July 11, 2007

50's Diner - Dedham, MA for Breakfast

50's Diner is a tiny little place hidden in the backroads of Dedham, MA right off of Rt.1. We almost didn't find it the first time we went there, and it was just one of many things we were going to learn. Another big thing we learned was to bring a lot of cash, because unfortunately they don't take credit or debit. Maybe it's because they work for pleasure, not business, therefore they don't really care. Or maybe they just aren't that smart. Either way they have really good breakfast, and my boyfriend can be the first person to say so...even though he's really annoyed that every time we go he wants to eat more but didn't bring enough cash. lol.
Their Chocolate Chip Belgian Waffle was delicious. Comes with delicous soft butter that feels like mousse and spreads perfectly, which I love, and a generous sprinkle of powdered sugar. It is the ultimate breakfast for anyone who loves chocolate. I do love chocolate, but I could only eat half of this because I overestimated myself and thought I could handle all the chocolate chips when I couldn't. Lesson learned and only costed $6.10. My boyfriend got eggs and corned beef hash which costed only $6.70 and it came with toast and potatoes.


My next breakfast adventure was the "Everything Omelette". Three eggs, milk, mushroom, sausage, bacon, tomatoes, onions, peppers, ham, and cheese all for only $8.60 and it comes with toast and potatoes. Unfortunatly the potatoes were a little burnt, but still yummy. I almost finished the entire omelette by myself lol. The waitress asked if I would have liked a smaller portion but then I knew I'd leave curious and maybe even hungry...silly me went with the large omelette was it was still pretty good. Had to put salt and pepper on it, the actual omelette itself was very plain. Overrall I'd give it a 2.5-5.



And before you go, for only $4.40 you can order one Chocolate Frappe with whipped cream. What you're looking at in the picture is ONE order of this delicious, extra thick dessert shake. That's right--you order one and they give you two. You could try to drink two all by yourself, but I know I can't. This cute little diner lives up to it's name. Good food at a good price in a really nice atmosphere. The decor is also very fun to look at when it's your first time there. :) This place is worth the trip, even if you don't live in Boston. Just remember to bring extra cash!






No comments: